• EPUB export enhancements – will let you design more interactive eBooks that now include images that resize for almost any size screen along with better looking text and typography. This gives you the ability to offer readers a much more smooth and pleasant reading experience.
• Articles panel – will be useful to improve the readers experience in textbooks, or other books that contain images, captions, block quotes, or sidebars. You just drag content from your document into the Articles panel, and then organize them to appear in a logical order for the reader when exported.
• Embedded video and audio in ebooks – and add another dimension to your ebooks. InDesign now supports video and audio tags for newer standards such as HTML5 and EPUB 3.
• Styles mapped to tags – will allow you to create more sophisticated text. You create digital documents that conform to open standards with improved basic typography without needing to make changes directly to the HTML code.
• Linked text – will save you time and reduce errors by linking identical text blocks in a document, so that edits you make to the parent story apply to all of them.
• Dynamic image resizing – allows you to produce documents that look good on any device by letting your images adjust automatically.
• Drag-and-drop anchored objects – lets you add anchored objects quickly. These will let the text reflow on the page and the anchored object remain in position moving the text it is anchored to.
• PDF accessibility – will reduce the time it takes to create PDF documents that people with disabilities can use more effectively. Now you can more easily add, edit, and view alternate text attributes that are associated with an image or object.
So what is the Digital Publishing Suite?
The second part is the Adobe Digital Publishing Suite. This is a tablet publishing solution that takes documents created in Adobe InDesign and gives you the platform and tools to produce, distribute, monetize, analyze, and view your publication.
You create your document in InDesign and turn it into a .folio. That .folio is then pushed to the Digital Publishing Suite Folio Producer Service. Once processed, it can then be move to the Distribution Service which is then distributed to Android, iPad, or PlayBook as a branded App.