• New effects – such as Convolution Reverb, Analog Delay, Mastering tool, and Tube-modeled Compressor. These along with 50 audio effects create new possibilities for whole different sounds.
• Radius time stretching from iZotope – will let you slow down or speed up an audio piece without changing pitch or you can change pitch without changing tempo by the use of the high quality time-stretching algorithm from iZoTope.
• Guitar Suite effects – will let you tailor your sound with analog-modeled guitar effects. Components such as Simple Compressor, Adjustment Filter module, Distortion Module, and Box Modeling module are built into Guitar Suite. Apply one effect or stack many together to create unique sounds.
• Top/Tail view – gives you an easy way to tweak the start or end of a loop or other audio file. It lets you zoom into the beginning and the end of a file to add precise fades while keeping the whole file in view.
• Noise reduction and phase correction tools – makes it easier than ever to reduce unwanted noise. There is even a automatic Phase Correction tool to calculate and apply the optimal delay for aligning channels of a stereo waveform.
• Faster performance – due to underlying code enhancements that take advantage of multi-core processors.
Adobe Audition 3 is a comprehensive product and is very ready for professional production work. It offers extensive MIDI features, a welcome addition, such that you can record audio straight into the Sequencer from external devices and use that in your mix. You are able to process your file for surround sound output, and add to that the amount of effects that are included is quite impressive, not to mention all of the other features that are included.