• Custom labels for ASIO devices and ports let you customize ASIO driver ports with labels to match your configuration, rather than relying on the default driver name.
• Enhanced plug-in management will allow you to sort plug-ins into the various categories as well as renaming them. The process that scans your plug-ins has also been optimized so that they can be scanned faster.
• Cross-track event drag and drop now lets you simply cut, copy, or paste events across multiple tracks for even faster editing.
• New track, clip, and event switches including normalize, invert phase, and lock now include Normalize, Invert Phase, Mute and Lock. You can use switches to quickly normalize events and perform other processes from within the ACID Pro workspace.
• Additional software for professional music production and editing, including ACID Pro Effects Rack, powered by iZotope, Garritan Aria for ACID Pro Player, Submersible Music KitCore, and Native Instruments Guitar Combos. This is estimated at $500 dollars of additional bundled software that you can use in your productions.
While from a technical improvement standpoint, version 6 may have had an edge, ACID Pro 7 makes its mark from a foundation aspect on the end user experience and overall satisfaction. It feels like a full fledged professional DAW. That doesn't mean there were not technical enhancements to version 7 — everything in this version feels more responsive and optimized. This is especially true on a well built multi-core system.
Obviously, one of my favorite features of ACID Pro 7 is addition of the mixer. Sure prior versions had a simplistic mixer, but now you have a much more complete integrated view of all tracks and buses that let you control routing, inserts, and control mixdown. The input buses are also a treat giving you the ability to monitor input from external devices and more.
Then when you add the élastique Audio Timestretching, the enhanced Beatmapping, real-time rendering, track/clip/event switches, as well as all the add-on products, ACID Pro 7 a really must have upgrade. If you have never worked with a version of ACID Pro, then I think that you will be in for a treat. It is incredibly fun to work with, really easy to use, and continues to improve dramatically. I very highly recommend ACID Pro 7.