FEMA is offering help, food, supplies, and financial assistance to all the victims of Hurricane Katrina. Do you require assistance? Would you like to help? Here is a list of FEMA links:
Call For Help
- FEMA Telephone Registration: If you would like to apply for Federal Disaster Assistance by telephone, you can contact us at 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or for the hearing/speech impaired at TTY: 1-800-462-7585. The current hours and days of operation are 24 hours per day 7 days per week.
Get food and water
- The American Red Cross and other volunteer agencies can provide you with food, water and clothing.
Maps for Katrina
- Approximate Locations of
Louisiana Affected by Hurricane Katrina
- Locations of Mississippi Affected by Hurricane Katrina
National Emergency Resource Registry
- Enroll in National Emergency Resource Registry : Application
- Log in to your National Emergency Resource Registry Account
- The Mitigation Division manages the National Flood Insurance Program and oversees FEMA's mitigation programs. It has of a number of programs and activities of which provide citizens Protection, with flood insurance; Prevention, with mitigation measures and Partnerships, with communities throughout the country.
- The National Hurricane Program conducts and supports many projects and activities that help protect communities and their residents from hurricane hazards.
- Help save innocent pets left behind in the wake of Hurrican Katrina: AKC CAR Canine Support and Relief Fund