We are at the turn of the tech achievement century when 3D vision is becoming widely used, real and absolutely available. NVIDIA gives us an opportunity to be closer to this new technology by providing the NVIDIA 3D Vision set onto the market, which today helps us to enjoy the 3D vision at our PC or television. The set features:
- an infrared transmitter with USB-connecting, wireless stereo-glasses set
- functioning up to 40 hours without charging;
- adjustable nose pieces;
- software CD;
- storage pouch/cleaning cloth combo;
- cable set.
3D Vision features and benefits:
- Converting standard games in 3D. Advanced NVIDIA® software allows to convert more than 400 games into stereoscopic 3D without special game patches.
- Maximum “softness” of displays 3D Ready.
- Safe wireless connection.
- More than 40 hours of games without recharging.
- Support of 3D picture.
- Full support of Blue-ray 3D in the most popular applications for Blue-ray rendering.
- Full support of 3D video on your PC with help of NVIDIA 3D Vision video player.
The NVIDIA 3D Vision glasses are easy to use and they look like standard dark sunglasses. The glasses are comfortable enough to put them on your spectacles. With NVIDIA 3D Vision technology you may use more than one pair of glasses at the same time, and the infrared transmitter covers about six meters distance, which allows using a large screen.
Stereoscopic Display System gives two images: one for the right eye, and another for the left one. The two pictures together give the impression of depth and dimension. There are several ways to create a stereoscopic picture, two of which are based on use of active and passive 3D glasses.
Passive 3D glasses configuration consists of polarized filters, which directs the stereoscopic picture to the corresponding eye. Since these glasses do not content electronics, they cost much more cheaper. Such glasses are used manly in the cinema.
Active 3D system, on the contrary, contains electronics, which alternatively closes LC-gates for the left and right eye, creating the same effect. Such glasses are more complicated (and more expensive as a result), but this active 3D system provides higher definition for the eye and wider view angle, than passive 3D glasses. NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision set relates to the active system type.
The recommended price is $150 for a set. A compatible monitor will cost you $300. So, what should one have to work with the newest technology? NVIDIA describes the minimum characteristics necessary to use 3D Vision system with your PC: