The Fire team is pleased to announce the availability of Fire 1.0... the culmination of 14 months of development effort. Please note that we now have a different download for 10.1 and for 10.2 and later. Please download the appropriate disk image depending on which OS you are using.
A big thank you goes out to everyone involved in this release: Alan, Graham, Nick, Mark, Manuel, Alessandro, Lasse, Jan, Daisuke, and everyone who sent in fixes and reported bugs with our beta releases.
I really like Fire, and it is great to see it hit such a huge milestone in its life. Direct Connect over the AIM proticol still does not work correctly. I also notice (still in 1.0) that when some people IM me, I do not see it at all.
But since I have friends and clients that use Y!, ICQ, MSN, and AIM, I could not live without Fire. It would not be fun having ALL those clients open at once.
I use iChat about 20% of the time, and Fire the other 80%. The one thing that I like about Fire, other then the fact that it is a great multi-IM client, is that it starts up and connects a lot faster then iChat.