Meet the new chart, the same as the old chart. Well, almost the same. It's not surprising to see static charts as we've not had many significant new releases to shake things up. I have no use for the Ke$ha single or album but those and the new Sade record are about the only major releases making major waves. Well, there are the Haiti-themed releases but we all wish those didn't exist and I'm not just saying that because I hate the "We Are The World" remix.
Sade's Soldier Of Love is again the #1 album this week and Black Eyed Peas have surged all the way back to #2 on the strength of another huge single, "Imma Be." Ke$ha now has two singles in the Top 10, helping to keep her album in the Top 10. Those of us hoping her record would be a one-hit wonder are out of luck.
Soundtracks to upcoming films Almost Alice and StarStruck both entered the album charts and TobMac holds onto a spot in the Top 10 for a second week, falling from #2 to #10.
iTunes' top 10 selling singles of the week ending Feb. 22, 2010:
- "We Are the World 25 for Haiti" – Artists for Haiti"
- Imma Be" – Black Eyed Peas"
- Hey, Soul Sister" – Train
- "Need You Now" – Lady Antebellum
- "BedRock" – Young Money, Lloyd
- "Tik Tok" – Ke$ha
- "In My Head" – Jason Derulo
- "Blah Blah Blah (feat. 3OH!3)" – Ke$ha
- "Baby (feat. Ludacris)" – Justin Bieber
- "Bad Romance" – Lady GaGa
iTunes' top 10 selling albums of the week ending Feb. 22, 2010:
- Soldier of Love – Sade
- The E.N.D. (The Energy Never Dies) – Black Eyed Peas
- Need You Now – Lady Antebellum
- The Fame Monster – Lady GaGa
- StarStruck (Original Soundtrack) – Various Artists
- Animal - Ke$ha
- Rebirth - Lil Wayne
- Hope for Haiti Now – Various Artists
- Almost Alice – Various Artists
- Tonight - TobyMac