On November 27th my blog was seven months old. So, to celebrate its birthday, I devised a quiz for me. But if you take out the words me, my and I and substitute you and your, it becomes a quiz for you.
Augustine’s Quiz for Bloggers Wondering What to Blog About
1. Should I blog about what makes me angry?
2. Or should I blog about what makes me happy and/or sad?
3. Or should I blog about what I do and see and hear in my day-to-day life?
4. Or should I report on what others are doing in their everyday lives?
5. Or should I blog about the Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything?
My Answers to the above Quiz:
1. All I have to do is read a newspaper or turn on the TV and my rage rises like a rocket and keeps on climbing. And there’s enough fuel for a daily or even an hourly blogrant. But, I ask myself: am I really a natural-born ranter? Isn’t my sputtering rather feeble compared to the inspired apocalyptic rants being posted by some world class ranters? And I must admit that, alas, ranting is not what I’m best at.
2. What makes me happy and/or sad is most often private stuff, raw material which I may or may not transform into something which may or may not be art – gnovels, paintings, whatever. Not regular blogging material, in other words.
3. No. I don’t want to blog about my everyday life. Not every day. Maybe just once in a while.
4. No. I’m not a good reporter, not objective enough. Too emotional (see No.1).
5. Hm. Now that’s more like it. That makes my little two dimensional brain excited. I’ll get back to you on that one.
6. No. I don’t need to be cured. I can stop any time I want. This proves I’m not addicted.Powered by Sidelines