Here is an e-mail that is making the rounds. It pretty well sums up this country's current economic situation.
Lesson # 1:
* U.S. Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
* Fed budget: $3,820,000,000,000
* New debt: $ 1,650,000,000,000
* National debt: $14,271,000,000,000
* Recent budget cuts: $ 38,500,000,000
Let's now remove 8 zeros and pretend it's a household budget:
* Annual family income: $21,700
* Money the family spent: $38,200
* New debt on the credit card: $16,500
* Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
* Total budget cuts so far: $38.50
Got It? OK, now:
Lesson # 2:
Here's another way to look at the debt ceiling:
Let's say you come home from work and find there has been a sewer backup in your neighborhood, and your home has sewage all the way up to your ceilings.
What do you think you should do? (this is where it gets tricky for some!)
Raise the ceilings, or remove the blockage in the drain?!
But wait, you say. The current economic situation and raising the daily ceiling was/is a bipartisan effort. True, so I agree with Peter Schweizer, who wrote Throw Them ALL Out; we have to start somewhere, and throwing out the biggest stumbling block on November 6 is a great starting point.
Anyway, let's look at what is currently happening in the real world:
- Morning Bell: Obama Administration Will Pay Companies to Violate the Law
- Election in twelve days! The economy is awful! (And CNN is ripping Obama!)
- 'War on Women' Update: As State Senator, Obama Voted 'Present' On Protecting Rape Victims
- Richard Mourdock's Abortion Comments and Joe Donnelly's Sophistry
- Average GDP Growth Less than Half of What Obama Predicted
- GDP number a relief for Obama Relief? Really? Contrast that with this statement: "Economists often say U.S. GDP needs to grow around 3% a year to bring unemployment down significantly."
- Lena Dunham gets suggestive in 'Your First Time' ad for Obama
- Is this what Obama's green-energy future looks like?
- Audit: Green jobs stimulus program wastes cash
- Another Hamas-linked State Dept Adviser Exposed
- Sen. McCaskill's Husband's Businesses Benefited From $20 Million in Stimulus Funds
- Perfectly Raaaaacist Storm Will Attempt Preemptive Voter Suppression in Northern VA, Philly
- Citizen Putting Obama in Dunce Cap is Racist; Obama Campaign Putting Romney in Same is Hilarious!
- Obama calls Romney a 'bullshitter' How statesmanlike of Obama!
- Washington Post: If Obama Loses, It's Surely Due To Racism
- Swingometer: Gallup Party ID figures predict solid Romney win
- REPORT: Clinton asked for more security in Benghazi, Obama said no
- Did Obama Watch While They Fought for their Lives?
- Secretary of State Clinton Grins, Laughs While Answering Question About Benghazi; White House Downplays Emails
- GOP on attack over new Benghazi emails
- Obama administration denied request for help during 9/11/12 Benghazi jihadist attack despite three urgent requests
- AC-130U Gunship was On-Scene in Benghazi, Obama Admin Refused to Let It Fire
- CINC goes AWOL: SEALs in Benghazi begged for help, AC-130 was on-scene, Obama refused - flew to Vegas instead
- White House Watched Benghazi Attacked And Didn't Respond
And last, but certainly not least:
And let's give the Benghazi debacle its own section:
First, the Obama administration blamed a video. In fact, Obama made a UN speech making that claim six times. Now, the administration is saying it didn't have enough "intelligence" information. But the conservative media, not the MSM that is in the tank for Obama, is now uncovering some rather startling (and uncomfortable for Obama) facts about the entire episode: