Here is a very short list of lies that he has told over the years, both before and during his presidency.
- Candidate Obama promised that he would make sure that there was always enough time for the public to read legislation before it was enacted, but he has done exactly the opposite, repeatedly pressing for even faster passage of even longer bills.
- Candidate Obama claimed that violent radical Bill Ayers was just another guy in his neighborhood, but the record shows that the two had worked closely together.
- Candidate Obama promised us that CIA personnel involved in the interrogation of terrorists would not be prosecuted, but his administration is now doing exactly that.
- Obama said that Caterpillar's CEO had told him that Caterpillar would begin hiring again as a result of the stimulus bill, but the CEO immediately announced that he had said no such thing, that Caterpillar would in fact be laying off more workers.
- Obama assured us that his health plan would never ration care, or "pull the plug" on grandma, but the legislation he backs sets up panels to make crucial decisions on when to withhold care, and it makes such deep cuts in Medicare that rationing is inevitable.
- Obama, in order to obtain passage of his first stimulus bill, assured us that 90 percent of the jobs created would be in the private sector, but as he well knew, most of them were to be in the public sector.
If it can conclusively be demonstrated that Obama lies, how can we believe anyhting he says? How do we know, when he opens his mouth, whether he is telling the truth or lying? Is there some truth/lie indicator that only liberals/progressives can see, that conservatives cannot see? Or do we need waivers? For all of you who say that all politicians lie, that excuse does not, in any way, permit lying.
But that's just my opinion.