Michael Walsh reports to us from Hundred Acres:
Hugh Hefner bought 1340 N. State Parkway in 1959 and turned it into the Playboy Mansion. Hefner left in 1971 and moved to California. The mansion was donated to the school of the Chicago Art Institute and was used for student housing. Later it was converted into condominiums. If only these walls could talk!
In related real estate news, a commercial real estate investor recently purchased Penthouse in an attempt to bolster its sagging profits.