Before President Barack Hussein Obama, US presidents (except, perhaps, for Jimmy Carter) understood that the world’s maniacal leaders do indeed mean us harm and require a different type of communication; one that, as President Theodore Roosevelt said, perhaps may involve not only speaking softly, but also carrying a big stick. But Obama is obsessed with diplomacy, the UN, and leading from behind, none of which have proven useful in dealing with the world’s tyrannies and hostile regimes. How many failures must the world endure before Obama realizes that what he is doing just doesn’t work?
“There are certain things that just don’t work and what they are doing doesn’t work,” said Obama on March 25, 2012, when he viewed North Korea. “It is like you are in a time warp. It is like you are looking across 50 years into a country that has missed 40 years or 50 years of progress.” Is that Obama’s view of the future of the US?
Obama has proven ignorant of history and world affairs, and has focused on himself and his own world views. He is completely disinterested in what the majority of Americans want for the future of the country. Obama is living in an ivory tower in which he has absolutely no conception of what is taking place in many parts of the world. If his ideas work inside the vacuum of an Ivy League classroom, they must lead to the idealism envisioned by Obama. Besides being clueless on international affairs, he remains steadfast on domestic policies as well, even though they, too, don’t work.
Let me be specific about Obama’s world view:
- Instead of condemning communism itself, the ideology behind North Korea’s poverty and tyranny, Obama criticized the management of North Korea. Communists worldwide have always complained that communism itself is workable, but that problems with the implementation of the ideology have prevented it from being successful. North Korean communism has been working well for the family that has been suppressing freedom and human rights for decades while it pursues nuclear weapons with which it threatens the world. In Obama’s view, what is not working is not communism, but North Korea’s improper application of communist principles.
- Muslims hate us because of George W. Bush, but a self-proclaimed grandiose speech by Obama in Cairo, Egypt, made them like us.
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and the mullahs in Iran wish to build a nuclear weapon because of American aggression, but a sit-down with Obama will quickly end that threat.
- The Israelis and Palestinians have been incapable of reaching a peace agreement for the past sixty years, but Obama will force an agreement down the Israelis’ throats, while ignoring Palestinian intransigence and violence.
- Obama has spent the past three years helping to build fundamental Islamic dictatorships across the Middle East and Northern Africa.
- Obama “reset” relations with Russia while undermining relations with Eastern European countries.
- Obama gave our and Great Britain’s submarine-based missile secrets to Russia.
- The Muslim Brotherhood is moderate: Tunisia and Morocco, Turkey and Egypt are all headed in the right direction due to US foreign policy, even as they march toward Islamic supremacy.
- Ahmadinejad can be reasoned with, while Netanyahu must suffer the reprisals of protecting the Jewish democratic homeland.
- Turkey’s Islamist prime minister is a great source of advice on how to raise your daughters.
- Getting caught whispering to the Russian president to subtly reassure Vladimir Putin that Obama will pass along US missile defense secrets once unburdened with an upcoming election is simply a step toward resolving “incredibly complicated issues.”
Obama has shown a complete disconnect from the reality of communism, and an indifference to our values of self-determination and respect. And that disconnect is spreading into the Muslim world.
Were Obama a rational individual rather than a narcissistic ideologue, he might actually invoke effective foreign policy in order to safeguard US interests and human rights abroad. But, no. He, instead, apologizes for US actions. I guess Obama doesn’t think we have interests abroad. And he thinks that all humans have rights worldwide. Isn’t it ironic that “rights” are so important in this country.
Can anyone cite even one situation in which Obama has stuck his nose that has made the US and the world safer? But wait. Kool-Aid drinkers will say that reducing our nuclear arsenal and giving secrets to Russia will make the world safer. I have to ask, “What good is a safer world if the US is subjugated to Russia? Do you really think Russia will have our best interests at heart, will protect our human rights?”
But that’s just my opinion.