Here is the new mix. With two very long-titled songs by The Deftones, from their B-sides collection, and Wolf Parade, another indie rock band that owes David Byrne and the Talking Heads a thank-you card. One of the albums I am most excited about is Pharrell Williams debut solo full length. The lead single “Can I Have it Like That?” kicks off the mix. While it may be obvious cheese, the rest of Pharrell’s album will provide ballads and Prince-like R&B jams in addition to rap party anthems.
Other highlights are My Chemical Romance who have a likely crossover hit with “The Ghost of You,” a more experimental track by The Strokes (“Juicebox”) from their upcoming album and Cut Copy sounding very 80s with what could have been an instrumental for the Pointer Sisters to sing to.
Because I waited until there were enough solid tunes to make a complete mix, there are several songs here that I have been listening to for over a month, like OK Go’s “A Million Ways.” Their pop culture choreography video has put these Chicago indies on the map.
1. Pharrell – Can I Have it Like That?
2. OK Go – A Million Ways
3. Franz Ferdinand – Walk Away
4. Ladytron – Destroy Everything You Touch
5. Depeche Mode – Nothing’s Impossible
6. Suckadelic – Trial by Stone
7. Obie Trice – Wanna Know
8. 50 Cent – Hustler’s Ambition
9. My Chemical Romance – The Ghost of You
10. The Deftones – Please Please Please, Let Me Get What I Want
11. Wolf Parade – You Are a Runner and I am My Father’s Son
12. The Rakes – Strasbourg
13. The Strokes – Juicebox
14. The Gorillaz – Dare
15. Cut Copy – Future (Chromeo Remix)
16. Tosca – Pajama
17. CocoRosie – Tekno Love Song
To download this mix, visit my site