If you missed out on the NPR's first look and listen on the new Junip's Fields CD do not despair, the wait is over! The album is in stores NOW!
If you're keeping tabs on José González, he's featured in a new documentary and the premier of their surreal video "ALWAYS" (directed by Andreas Nilsson) featuring the freakishly fantastic choreographer, Alpo Aaltokoski is available at the link provided.
Also, don't forget Junip's announcement of their North American tour dates. If they're headed to a city near you, you'll want to check them out.
- 11/1--World Cafe--Philadephia, PA
- 11/2--Royale Nightclub--Boston, MA
- 11/4--Belmont--Montreal, QUE
- 11/5--Lee's--Toronto, ONT
- 11/6--Lincoln Hall--Chicago, IL
- 11/7--Cedar Cultural Center--Minneapolis, MN
- 11/10--Neumos--Seattle, WA
- 11/11--Venue--Vancouver, BC
- 11/12--Doug Fir Lounge--Portland, OR
- 11/13--The Independent--San Francisco, CA
- 11/14--Music Box At The Henry Fonda--Los Angeles, CA
- 11/16--Rhythm Room--Phoenix, AZ
- 11/18--Mohawk--Austin, TX
- 11/19--Fitzgeralds--Houston, TX
- 11/20--Spanish Moon--Baton Rouge, LA
- 11/21--The Earl--Atlanta, GA
- 11/22-Cat's Cradle--Carrboro, NC
- 11/23--Black Cat--Washington, DC
- 11/24--Irving Plaza, New York City, NY
José González and Junip joined forces in the late 1990s. They hail from Gothenberg, Sweden. González was already a famous solo artist with the acclaimed albums Veneer and In Our Nature, which features smooth an acoustic-like feel topped with an indie-folk rhythm. Other members and González closest friends, Elias Araya & Tobias Winterkorn add to the band's appealingly addictive and mystic sound.
You can buy Junip Fields, in stores NOW or buy from the official website http://www.junip.net/