Planning a funky, hallowed party for Halloween? Well, there are ten key ingredients no worthy mixer can do without, ranging from CDs by Parliament and Michael Jackson to special Halloween candy and cult DVD treats.
Here, taste this soulful elixer for a Spooky JamFest. Your friends will talk about it for decades — if they can even remember what happened the next day:
1. Thriller by Michael Jackson, featuring Vincent Price. There is no Halloween Party without this fright night classic CD playing in y'alls neighborhood.
2. Halloween Hootenanny. Ambience is important, and if you don't have Monster Mash and other sixties classics by the crew from Frankenstein's lab, again, your authenticity is questionable.
3. 101 Spooktacular Party Ideas. Here's a book replete with decor and interactive ideas for all budgets. It'll help you create just the right ambience, with ghoulish style.
4. Saturday Night Live - Halloween DVD. Introduced by Wayne and Garth on the set of Wayne's World, this hour-long compilation features frighteningly funny turns by John Travolta, Bill Murray, Adam Sandler, James Wood and others.
5. The Clones of Dr. Funkenstein by Parliament. George Clinton's 1990 classic funk-blaster sends booties shaking on the dance floor. Includes such hits as Dr. Funkenstein, Gaming On You and Do That Stuff.
6. A tub of dat achingly sweet Laffy Taffy. True, the hip-hop song, Dat Laffy Taffy (Candy Gurl) is all the rage, and of course you'll have that. But take it a step further: blow your guests' minds by serving the actual Laffy Taffy candy by Willy Wonka as a treat. Umm, sweet sticky-wicked fun.
7. Vampire In Brooklyn. Eddie Murphy and Angela Bassett make blood-sucking sexy in this smoldering cult classic film. Run this steamy DVD in your chill-out room. It could lead some costumed Bride of Frankenstein down the aisle, fried hair in hand of her barbaric Mr. Right.