Magic Slim & The Teardrops are #1 on the Blues Power Rankings, the weekly recap of the most played albums at blues radio stations from around the world. Raising The Bar has been in the upper reaches of the BPR since its release and this is not the album's first trip to the top spot.
The big jumpers this week are Rob Stone's Back Around Here and veteran Walter Trout's Common Ground. Also notable in the Top 10 this week is the deluxe edition of Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble's Couldn’t Stand The Weather, released Tuesday. I don't have the play data to show me which songs are getting played but I suspect much of it was from the live show on the expanded set's second disc. Stevie Ray's big brother Jimmie is also on this week's chart with his first new album in several years, Blues, Ballads, & Favorites.
Smokin' Joe Kubek & Bnois King's Have Blues, Will Travel, John Nemeth's Name The Day!, Pinetop & Willie's Joined At The Hip, and Janiva Magness' Devil Is An Angel Too maintain their prominent places among the most played albums at radio where they have been for awhile.
- Magic Slim & The Teardrops - Raising The Bar
- Pinetop Perkins / Willie 'Big Eyes' Smith - Joined At The Hip
- Walter Trout - Common Ground
- John Nemeth - Name The Day!
- Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Couldn't Stand The Weather (Legacy Edition)
- Smokin' Joe Kubek & Bnois King - Have Blues, Will Travel
- Janiva Magness - The Devil Is An Angel, Too
- Rob Stone - Back Around Here
- Elvin Bishop - Red Dog Speaks
- Les Copeland - Don't Let The Devil In
- Davis Coen - Jukebox Classic
- Mississippi Heat - Let's Live It Up
- Bettye Lavette – Interpretations: The British Rock Songbook
- Tim Woods - The Blues Sessions
- Travis 'Moonchild' Haddix - A Dozen Times
- Cyril Neville - The Essential Cyril Neville
- Harper - Stand Together
- Jimmie Vaughan - Plays Blues, Ballads & Favorites
- Nick Moss - Privileged
- Steve Miller Band - Bingo!
- Otis Taylor - Clovis People, Vol. 3
- Peter Parcek - The Mathematics Of Love
- Mitch Woods - Gumbo Blues
- The Derek Trucks Band - Roadsongs
- Foghat - Last Train Home