Things are returning to normal for me in my daily life despite some changes happening backstage at Blogcritics. What this means to you, dear readers, is my writing output should return to a more consistent rate of output and we won't be missing our BPR columns or the weekly BPR 6-Pack. I hope that's exciting for you, especially all my fellow blues fans, because I can tell you it sure pleases me.
Taking a look at this week's chart, we have the return to #1 for Charlie Musselwhite and I'm really happy Robin Rogers' new record Back In The Fire has continued its upward trajectory, coming in at #2. For those of you unaware, Rogers is battling inoperable liver cancer right now and fans and friends have rallied to her side to help with health care costs and living costs while also hoping to raise her spirits by championing this latest record. It debuted in the Top 10 and rises to #2 this week.
Also making a big rise this week is one of the most amazing albums released in 2010, Ronnie Earl's Spread The Love. Whether you consider yourself a fan of blues or instrumental music or not, this is an album that must be heard. Earl's passion, precision, and supernatural gift have been captured on record before but Spread The Love does so in a transcendent way.
It's also a great work for JW-Jones' latest record, which features guest nods from the aforementioned Mr. Musselwhite as well as legendary Hubert Sumlin. There are some amazing records on the chart this week and if you're looking for something new, you would do well to investigate some of these.
- Charlie Musselwhite - The Well
- Robin Rogers - Back In The Fire
- JW-Jones - Midnight Memphis Sun
- Ronnie Earl & The Broadcasters - Spread The Love
- Elvin Bishop - Red Dog Speaks
- Jj Grey & Mofro - Georgia Warhorse
- Dr. John And The Lower 911 - Tribal
- Robert Cray - Cookin' In Mobile
- Janiva Magness - The Devil Is An Angel, Too
- Albert Castiglia - Keepin On
- Kenny Neal - Hooked On Your Love
- Steve Miller Band - Bingo!
- Smokin' Joe Kubek & Bnois King - Have Blues, Will Travel
- Davis Coen - Jukebox Classic
- Walter Trout - Common Ground
- The Derek Trucks Band - Roadsongs
- Hosea Hargrove - Tex Golden Nugget
- Jimmie Vaughan - Plays Blues, Ballads & Favorites
- Mitch Kashmar & The Pontiax - 100 Miles To Go
- Dave Specter - Spectified
- Otis Taylor - Clovis People, Vol. 3
- Bob Corritore & Friends - Harmonica Blues
- The Chris O'leary Band - Mr. Used To Be
- Jay Gaunt - Harmonicopia
- Karen Lovely - Still The Rain