As the Presidential election comes in for a landing, last minute efforts are being made to poison public opinion against the likely winner. LIV’s or Low Information Voters are being targeted with viral campaigns intended to spread fear, hatred and confusion. Since LIV’s are the least likely to vote, this viral campaign won’t actually change the outcome but it will instigate misguided outrage and deep seated panic.
What I hope to do in writing this piece is to clarify these aberrational fears and put them to rest. Low Information Voters are not stupid people, they have simply been fed malicious gossip during an important period in our nation’s history. The lies told to them concerning Barack Obama are as follows:
He is an Arab
He is a Muslim
He is a Black Nationalist
He took an oath to hate white people
He is a Manchurian Candidate
He is a Baby Killer
He is a Terrorist
There are probably far more but rest assured I can disprove most of them right now. What the fear mongers don’t want LIV’s to know is that Barack Obama has been vetted by the FBI. This vetting process is used to ensure that candidates running for Federal office are not credible threats to American society.
Here is how the process works. When a citizen wants to run for Federal office they have to fill out a series of forms that ask them their name, address, DOB, social security number, family members, job history, school history and organizational associations. Then it goes on to ask if they have been convicted of a crime. They ask if any family members or friends have been convicted of crimes. If so, what was the crime and when did it happen? They ask about the candidate’s credit rating, past financial history, assets and financial relationships. They ask if the individual has ever been part of any organization that promotes the violent overthrow of the United States Government.
After the paperwork has been completed, a file is developed on the individual by the FBI. It is filled with copies of his writings, law cases (If they are any), internet related pages (Including Wikipedia and MySpace) and medical records. Federal agents then travel to the candidate’s house and interview his family, friends, neighbors, work associates, pastor and parishioners, his accountant, his bankers and his garbage man. Okay, the garbage man, that only happened once.
If they find anything authentically malicious in their investigation, the Feds will declare that the candidate is UNFIT FOR FEDERAL OFFICE. Most of the candidates who receive notice of this outcome will often quit the race immediately in order to avoid public embarrassment. The Feds will not report the outcome of their findings except to the Director of the FBI and the candidate himself.
In 2004, Barack Obama was vetted for his U.S. Senate seat. This means that the FBI knew all about William Ayers and Jeremiah Wright. They knew about Barack’s personal history, family history, financial history, church background, past associations and politics. Their conclusion was that he was not a credible threat to American Society. The Feds know this, John McCain knows this, the Republican Party knows this, most educated voters know this but the LIV’s do not. This fact alone dismisses 90% of all the lies being told about Barack as deliberate and intentional falsehoods. The other 10% are subject to perspective and political spin.
Back to the original question, if the Republicans know that this viral campaign will not change the outcome of the election, then why are they doing it? The answer is that the Republican Party has imploded under the weight of its own greed and incompetence. It is in shambles and a struggle has begun between factions who want to create a new direction for the party. One faction, the remaining Neocons, want to continue with a fear driven party that controls Americans under the hegemony of the military industrial complex and nationalized banking system. The other faction is the fiscal conservatives who want to drive the party towards becoming a rational, business driven coalition of family values voters and moderate evangelicals. Thus far the Neocons are winning by using John McCain as a tool for propagating their hopes of social division.
The best way to nullify the effects of the Neocons is to educate people. Start by teaching them about the FBI vetting process. Prove to these Low Information Voters that they don’t have anything to fear. Regardless of the viral campaign, this time around a mostly united citizenry has already won. Barack Obama is going to be our next President. Keep in mind that it was John McCain who said to a crowd of rowdy supporters, “Barack is a good and decent man, whom we must treat with respect.”Powered by Sidelines