The Solar Plexus chakra is a personal power chakra. This chakra helps us to wield our own power which will attract prosperity and balance, in turn making us happy and in control of our life. Our life gets disciplined, gets in order, we feel safe and secure. There are no complexities. We change as a person from within, manifesting our life condition in such a way that people around us are astonished.
A lack of balance in Solar Plexus chakra creates negative influence in our lives, making us want to give up our fighting spirit, and brings us down to a low life condition. Anger is a result of imbalance in Solar Plexus chakra. Our self-esteem is low, smaller things upset us, our work, relationships, and health suffer on that account.
To bring about balance in our Solar Plexus chakra we need to know what this chakra is all about, what are its elements, its colour, food that can help to bring this chakra in balance, flowers that can help to activate this chakra.
- Color – yellow
- Sanskrit Name – Manipura
- Physical Location – solar plexus
- Purposes – mental understanding of emotional life
- Spiritual Lesson – acceptance of your place in the life stream. (self-love)
- Physical Dysfunctions – stomach ulcers, intestinal tumours, diabetes, pancreatitis, indigestion, anorexia/bulimia, hepatitis, cirrhosis, adrenal imbalances, arthritis, colon diseases
- Mental and Emotional Issues – self esteem, fear of rejection, oversensitivity to criticism, self-image fears, fears of our secrets being found out, indecisiveness
- Information Stored Inside Sacral Chakra – personal power, personality, consciousness of self within the universe (sense of belonging), knowing
- Area of Body Governed – upper abdomen, umbilicus to rib cage, liver, gallbladder, middle spine, spleen, kidney, adrenals, small intestines, stomach
- Related Herbs – Goldenseal (Hydrastis Canadensis) and Lemon balm (Melissa Officinalis)
- Related Incense – Carnation, Cinnamon, Marigold
- Related Glands – Thyroid
- Related Musical Note – E
- Chakra Element – Fire
- Crystals – Citrine, gold topaz, amber, tiger eye, gold calcite
- Granola and Grains: pastas, breads, cereal, rices, flax seed, sunflower seeds, etc.
- Dairy: milk, cheeses, yogurt
- Spices: ginger, mints (peppermint, spearmint, etc.), Melissa, chamomile, turmeric, cumin, fennel
With the above information you can try activating and energizing your Solar Plexus chakra. These are easy-to-access home methods which can be easily followed. Apart from that, chakra healing enables you to activate and then keep them balanced. Healing of the Solar Plexus chakra is important because this chakra helps you gain self-confidence. It makes you energetic towards life, your work, and the people around you. It will heal those wounds which the naked eye can never see. It heals your soul, makes your mind sharper, and improves your intellect. The Solar Plexus chakra also helps you to fight health and stomach related disease, making you healthy physically and mentally.