Instead of a traditional witches' punch this year, why not try a creative wine cocktail?
Although connoisseurs may be opposed to mixing the world of wine and spirits, you can wow your guests with these creative and delicious recipes that’ll put even the most unhallowed soul in the mood.
The Vampire’s Kiss: 1 part sparkling wine; 1 part vodka, half part raspberry liqueur. For garnish: vampire teeth.
1. Cover the rim of the martini glass with red colored sugar.
2. Pour vodka and raspberry liqueur into a glass.
3. Fill the rest of the glass with champagne.
4. Pour remaining raspberry liqueur in glass to create a red float. Garnish with vampire teeth.
The Sour Witch: 1 part absinthe; half-part almond syrup; lime juice; cherries; sparkling wine. For garnish: nutmeg.
1. Muddle lime juice, almond syrup, and cherries in glass.
2. Add to absinthe and shake vigorously.
3. Strain into sparkling wine flute.
4. Top with sparkling wine; sprinkle with nutmeg.
Bloody-tini: 1.5 parts Acai spirit; 1 oz acai juice; .5 oz lime juice; sparkling wine; For garnish: lime wedge
1. Combine Acai spirit, Acai juice, and lime juice.
2. Pour over ice in shaker and shake.
3. Strain into martini glass, top with sparkling wine; garnish with lime wedge.
Black Velvet: 4 oz sparkling wine; 4 oz stout
1. Pour sparkling wine into cocktail glass of choice.
2. Slowly add stout until full.
The Candy Corn: 1 part gin; one-third part Moscato; half-part grenadine. For garnish: 3 pieces candy corn.
1. Put all ingredients in cocktail shaker and shake vigorously.
2. Strain into cocktail glass of choice and garnish.
Falling Leaf Fizz: 1 part pear vodka; 4 parts sparkling wine; dash of simple syrup; spoon of pumpkin butter; pinch of pumpkin pie spice. For garnish: dried apple chip.
1. Pour pear vodka, pumpkin spice, pumpkin butter and simple syrup in champagne flute and stir.
2. Top with sparkling wine; garnish with apple chip.