Google Hangout is part of the Google Plus social media network. It gives you the opportunity to connect with up to 10 people in a virtual room via G+. While in this room, the participants can see each other via video, hear audio, chat via text and also share YouTube videos. You can start or join a hangout of your choice. If you start one, you can either make it public or invite select people to join you in the hangout.
Google Chrome extensions that give you additional functionality while using the Hangout feature:
- Hangout Auto Try Again for Google Plus: Allows you to auto retry access to a full hangout so that you don’t have to continuously click the retry button.
- Hangout Pad for Google+ ALPHA: Gives you the ability to share content with others in your hangout who have this extension installed.
- My Hangouts for Google Plus: Allows you to see a quick view of available hangouts that you can join along with who is in the hangouts.
Helpful Google Plus articles:
- Google Quietly Goes After Facebook
- Using Google+ Plus as a Personal Butler, a Couple of Advanced Feature
- ABC’s: Why Google+ Will Beat Facebook
- Google Plus and Your Business