Godsmack, the most unoriginal and shitty band on the face of the earth, was playing a radio festival with a bunch of bands when their representatives and security staff had a run-in with Story of the Year, a pop-punk band also on the bill. I don’t necessarily like Story of the Year, but my hatred for Boston’s own Godsmack is unprecedented. Is it the pilfering of their name directly from the Alice in Chains album Dirt while also trying to sound like AIC sometimes? Yes, I hate that. Is it their cro-magnon, knuckles scraping-on-the-pavement music that attracts nothing but those without brain cells? Yes, I hate that too. That and a whole lot more. This world would be better off without that band.
Anyway, this is the account of the incident from Story of the Year on the Maverick website. If you go there, you can see some gross pictures of the blood and bruises caused by the representatives of Godsmack. Did I mention that Sully Erna can’t sing worth a damn?
(Disclaimer: I know nothing about whether anyone referred to in this piece actually does or does not do drugs. I DO NOT have any problems with police, and I have placed the **’s in the middle of the eff word. These are the words of members of Story of the Year, and not mine. The only opinion I have here is that I don’t like Godsmack. Enjoy.)
- Hello everyone. Something pretty amazing happened, and I would like to share it with you………..
- Last night, at a Radio Show in Indiana, my band (except for Josh, he was in the shower) and our tour manager was jumped by godsmack’s production manager, crew, and security, along with local security. It was a pretty fair fight. The five of us vs. at least ten 200+ pound football reject, jock – coke head f**king piece of shit f**king losers. Almost a fair fight huh? So what did we do to deserve this you’re probably wondering? It had to have been something really bad huh? Did we have sex with one of their wives? No, that’s not why. Did we steal some of their drugs? No. Not that either. Did we sell their security some bunk steroids?. No. This is the awful thing that we did to get jumped..
- The show was in an amphitheater. We made everyone in the crowd jump, and asked everyone in the lawn to come down to the front of the stage. I can totally understand how this might have caused a little bit of a panic for the local security, but the show was sucking, so we had to make it rock. It’s not like there was a riot or anything. It ruled. Apparently, godsmack’s douche bag f**king production manager and crew didn’t like this, so they we’re backstage waiting for us……
- I’m going to stop the story right there just to reiterate the fact that this was a RADIO SHOW. NOT A F**KING GODSMACK SHOW. We were not opening for godsmack. We are not on tour with godsmack. The absolute fact of the matter is that neither godsmack’s band or crew had any authority or say in anything regarding my band. It was simply none of their f**king business what happened on or off stage during our performance. It’s funny that the only people in the whole f**king ordeal that were cool was the damn radio station. No one from WRZX said anything to us. Plus they didn’t jump us.
- Anyway, we walked off stage excited, because we turned a shitty show into a f**king rock show. Within ten seconds of us finishing our last song, Godsmacks ugly dick faced production manager had his hands all over Dan screaming at him saying “Get the f**k out of here, you’re not getting f**king paid” “Who the f**k do you think you are, you’re not f**king rock stars”….Dan replied to the guys face “YEAAAAHHHHH ROCK AND ROLL! WAHOOOOO!” This really pissed off the piece of shit production manager. Our tour manager intervened and told the dude not to touch band members. What happens next? Three cro-magnon jock f**ks grabs our tour manager and holds him still so one guy could pummel his face. 4 of them jump on Adam and pummel his face. Dan, Phil, and I got hit, but not half as bad as they did. Josh walked off stage and went in the dressing room just 5 seconds before this happened and missed it. I did get to punch a dude in the face a couple of times. That ruled. Dan got to punch their production manager in the face, and Phil, god love Phil…He picked up a metal box and smashed the pussy face production manager in the head with it. I think It’s still pretty safe to say we lost though.
- Let me again reiterate the fact that no one in godsmack’s band or crew had ANY F**KING RIGHT TO EVEN SAY A WORD TO US. If we were opening for godsmack at one of THEIR lame ass shows or if we were on tour with them, then yeah, they’ve got the power, it’s their show, they’re in charge. But even then, kick us off tour, tell us to go home, cuss at us, don’t pay us whatever. DON’T PUT YOUR F**KING GORILLA HANDS ON MY F**KING BAND. That’s not business, that’s f**king gang shit.
- So we just got jumped putting on a rock show, then to top it off, the f**king cops quarantine us in a 300 degree room while all the f**ks who started the fight walked around drinking beer and laughing about it. They totally started the fight, threw the first punches, and WE were f**king held in a room, then held in our bus. Then, the icing on the cake; an inbred cop with a handlebar moustache tells us “he’s not putting up with our kind” and ” the whole things a joke and he can personally guarantee that nothing will happen to anyone that kicked our ass”…. Eat another doughnut you power abusive f**king molester.
- So why f**k godsmack? Because their dickface crew jumped us and not one member of that f**king band bothered to come and apologize for it. Sully (the singer) walked by our dressing room, looked at us, and gave us a dirty look. No sorry my hoosier ass crew jumped you. No sorry my band hires irresponsible f**king criminals, Nothing from any of them. Awesome.
- It’s funny that we played a radio show with all these hard ass new metal bands like godsmack, and they couldn’t handle little old storyoftheyear’s rock show. Sorry we’re not 40 years old and we don’t stand on stage like someone is forcing us to. Sorry we love our band and love to put on a show for people who pay 3 million dollars to see a bunch of dorky bands stare at their feet. So they took it upon themselves to jump us. Yeah, so f**k godsmack and their stupid f**king crew, and f**k every steroid using, jock f**king cave man security guard that thinks hitting a dude 200 pounds smaller than him is cool. Eat shit and die you f**king pussies.
(This first appeared at RockDummy.com)Powered by Sidelines