Here are the latest headlines and stories from this year’s Tokyo Game Show:
- On the heels of announcing Yakuza 3 for the PS3 in Japan, Sega also has announced that Yakuza 2 for the PS2 is on its way to North American shores. Sega also announced Dinosaur King and Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer for the Nintendo DS. All three games are slated for 2008 releases.
Sega will also be showing off several games at TGS this year, including: Nights: Journey of Dreams, Sonic Rush Adventure, The Golden Compass, Virtua Fighter 5 for the Xbox 360, and Sega Rally Revo. Sega also predictred sales of 4 million units worldwide for Mario and Sonic at the Olympics on the Wii.
- SNK has made several announcements in the past few days. Among the large ones are Metal Slug 7 on the DS, SNK Arcade Classics Volume 1 for the PS2 and PSP, Samurai Shodown Anthology for the Wii and PS2, as well as Metal Slug 3 and Samurai Shodown 2 for Xbox Live Arcade.
Arcade games from SNK were also announced and shown, specifically The King of Fighters XII, King of Fighters: Maximum Impact Regulation “A” 2 and Samurai Shodown Sen. Hooray for fighting games!
- Hudson is bringing us more Bomberman, with Bomberman Land for the Wii and PSP and Bomberman Land Touch! 2 for the Nintendo DS. All three games are multiplayer mini-game compilations, but that also includes Battle Pack Mode, which is the classic Bomberman multiplayer fun that Hudson is known for.
- Outside of their keynote, Konami has announced a contest to design a new character for Contra 4 Mobile. Winners get credit for their creation in the game, as well as a special Contra 20th Anniversary prize.
- Speaking of mobile games, Capcom has announced five of them (RockMan Dash: The Great Five Islands Adventure, Resident Evil 4 Mobile Edition, Devil May Cry: Dante X Virgil, Sengoku Basara (Devil Kings) Tactical RPG, and Breath of Fire 4 Action RPG Edition). They also announced three new titles in Japan for the PS2 and PSP: Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories (PS2 and PSP), Arcana Heart (PS2) and MotoGP (PS2).