Cranium,Inc. has recently released a version of their signature board game for the Latino community: Cranium Edición Latinoamerica. I was asked to host a Cranium Party and try it out with my friends. Here is my account of our evening playing Cranium Edición Latinoamericana.
We met at Lourdes' house around 10:00 p.m, even though we were supposed to meet there by 7:00 p.m. Sadly, punctually is not a Puerto Rican virtue. We set up the mood by putting up some Cranium balloons. We all got in gear and wore all the stuff we had been given for our party: Lisa wore the Cranium T-Shirt; Emyl, Lizzie, J.Lo and Lisa wore the Cranium cap at one time or another; Lourdes, J. Lo, Emyl and I wore the Cranium helmet at one time or another and the very decorative Mr. Snowman, posed all night by the Cranium sticker.
It took us about 2 hours to finish the game but not because it takes that long, but because we took some beverage, bathroom and smoking breaks. Nonetheless, the game enticed us to go back and finish it off. The two hours flew by, because we were all having so much fun!
II. The Players
A. Lizzie's Team
1. Emyl Alejandro (Lisa's son, my niece): a seven year-old cutie, with a flair for drawing.
2. Lisa Diane (like my sister): a wise mama who works as a specialized ICU and Open Heart registered nurse for Veteran's Administration.
3. Lizzie (like a daughter to Lisa): a tall, slender, cel phone executive, who knows her Cranium from A-Z.
B. My Team
1. Jennifer a.k.a J.Lo: a slick chick with a passion for molding clay (plastillina).
2. Lourdes: a talented sales executive, who not only can talk herself through every situation but can also spell her way through it too. She also knows here way around Cranium.