Have you ever wanted to be a celebrity restaurant judge, like the ones on your favorite food television programs? For those who dream of this experience, TasteTV created TASTE-OFF, where customers decide what pairings will be added to a restaurant’s menu.
TasteTV held its first Food & Wine Pairing TASTE-OFF at the urban wine bar, the Press Club, in San Francisco. At the TASTE-OFF, attendees come to try six different food & wine pairings from the six different member wineries who are part of the Press Club.
The six pairings were:
1) Savory zucchini cakes, arugula pesto cream, fried shallot garnish with Chateau Montelena Chardonnay, Napa 2008
2) Mild jalapeno citrus glazed prawns served in butter lettuce cups, grilled peach salsa with Hanna Savignon Blanc, Russian River 2009
3) Organic spinach, mushroom and truffled chevre blintz, chive oil drizzle with Mount Eden Domain Eden Pinot Noir, Santa Cruz Mountains 2008
4) Summer Baby BLT: creamy 3-cheese crostini, heirloom tomato, pancetta, basil with Miner Family Sangiovese, Gibson Ranch 2007
5) Chipotle chicken tostadas, artisan white cheddar, cilantro cream with Fritz Reserve Zinfandel, Dry Creek 2007
6) Spicy Asian pulled pork served on taro root crisp, island slaw garnish with Saintsbury Toyon Farm Pinot Noir 2007
After an hour of tasting, the attendees acted as judges, and voted on their favorite pairing. The winner of this event was added to the Press Club’s seasonal menu.
See the entire TASTE-OFF below.Powered by Sidelines