Reactions right after the conclusion of the Grammys:
* 50 Cent is a classless thug. That little bit of posturing during the presentation of the award he didn’t win was disgusting.
* Foo Fighters and White Stripes each gave one of the best award show performances I’ve seen. Andre 3000′s performance at the end of the show, though, was one of the best award show moments ever. When it opens with Jack Black, you know it’s gonna be good.
* Entirely too many shots of Justin’s mom.
* Andre 3000′s first acceptance speech (“Thank you.”) was one of the best ever.
* Where was Britney? After years of not being able to escape her on award shows, suddenly she’s nowhere to be seen or heard.
* The “All-Star Beatles Tribute” was a nice idea but, unfortunately, the three distinct voices didn’t really lend themselves well to the execution.
* The plea in the last half hour of the show by the industry guy regarding downloading was perhaps the lamest award show moment ever. We’ve just watched three hours of these stars and divas parading around in thousand-dollar dresses and bling, and now you’re going to give us the “stealing from starving artists” bit? The anti-downloading advertisement that was debuted was equally lame. So you’re telling us that if we download Pink’s music, it won’t be played at parties anymore? If so, then excuse me while I download her entire catalogue…and maybe I’ll download some Beyonce and Nickelback while I’m at it.