I really don’t know where to start.
I watched the convention last night and I can only come to one of two conclusions:
1. The powers that be are truly trying to revert the party back to our parent’s and grandparent’s Democratic ideals.
2. This is the biggest whitewash job I have ever seen.
I tend to lean towards believing the second option.
Unfortunately I didn’t take notes, but I was continually stunned by what I heard coming out of the mouths of the speakers as contrasted to what are known Liberal beliefs.
– Someone on the floor commenting on how Bush mislead the public in regards to the Iraq war. When asked why Kerry supported it, he stated that Kerry’s stance was based on faulty information from the CIA and other sources. (So Kerry was misinformed but Bush is a liar)
– A female speaker (I don’t remember who she was… not Albright) stating how the Dems are winning gov’t seats, gaining percentage-wise overall, and taking them away from the Republicans. (Umm, can you say “Gray Davis”? Hello?)
– Kerry calls for a “positive, optimistic” campaign in the months ahead… minutes after saying he would not be a president who would mislead us into going to war, and would not have a VP that would do anti-environmental deals with big business behind closed doors.
– Kerry quotes Lincoln in saying that we should pray that “God is not on our side, but that we are on God’s side”. (Extreme left-wing liberal, gay marriage supporters, and pro-abortionists are on God’s side? Which God would that be?)
– Kerry talked about keeping jobs here and higher pay, and making American companies more competitive. (Higher pay and benefits and you’re going to compete with foreign companies which offer neither producing products at lower prices?)
There was more, but I can’t really remember the details.
VicPowered by Sidelines