I figure the best way to get this struggling concept off the ground is to get off my butt and post a new one, so it's time for everybody's favorite badly-misnamed weekly feature, the Daily Funny!
These are some of the funniest things that I and others have tripped across in our wanderings around the ever-widening Blogosphere...
- Utterwonder - Rock the Vote:
Here's a few candidates that look like they were pulled out of a police lineup.
- Scott of AMCGLTD - Capslock tech support call:
I love it when helpdesk and tech support people post their tech support horror stories. It's amazing what some users will do to avoid being helped, and then they finish off by thanking you... for not killing them.
- Frank of IMAO - Islam means "Throw Rocks":
And Judaism means "Dodge Rocks"
- Davezilla - Annoying Word:
The words themselves are funny-sounding words, but the reasons for his hating them are downright odd.
- Caption of the Day:
Another grassroots effort by the loonies of the Blogosphere. Great as always, although I think I went a little too arcane on my own entry.
- Amptoons - Mickey Mouse and Slave Labor:
No no no... they're not Slave Laborers. They're Slave Cast Members.
- Scrappleface - Clinton Declares Minnesota His Legal Residence:
This is why Scrappleface is the heir-apparent of SatireWire. I nearly shit myself laughing over this one.
- And Now The Noose - U.S.: RUSSIANS SUBDUED CHECHEN SEPARATISTS WITH AVRIL LAVIGNE:
Music is the opiate of the masses.
- Bigwig of Silflay Hraka - Mericless Beds:
- Mostly Wasted - Elmo Crime Spree:
Why look... it's Jail Me Elmo!
- Short Strange Trip - Moving to MT:
Yes, I know, it's not intended as funny, but it is. Nothing like a brusque, one-liner exhortation of frustration to make me laugh.
- Something Awful - Sandwich Warfare:
Warren Zevon said last night that knowing you're dying soon really makes you appreciate a sandwich more... me, I'm dying laughing over this post.
- The AlleyWriter - Too many people... (#20):
... don't use permalinks?
- Tim Hall's When Worlds Collide - Blow-up Tank Missing in Action
Wondering which of the soldiers to blame
And watching for tanks on the wing.
... and then there's the gems that are posted on a regular basis on the Daily Funny blogroll.