1) As a rule, there is no perfect time. Waiting for the perfect time is another name for procrastination.
2) The decisions we make (or don't) and the things we do (or don't) today will shape what our reality looks like one, two, five years from now. Not making a decision is making a decision.
3) If nothing changes (attitude, behaviours), nothing changes (reality, results). "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome" — yet this is what many of us do every day of our lives. I know you know this; call it a reminder.
4) If you don't address (do something about) what has held you back in the past (laziness, apathy, ignorance, fear, lack of preparation, attitude, inconsistency) you will continue to spin your wheels and stay where you are.
5) Your biggest challenge will always be you (specifically your thoughts and your emotions), not your boss, not your genetics, not your bank balance, not your situation or circumstance, not your parents and their lack of support or understanding and not your ability or lack thereof.
6) You can't be objective about you. Consider involving someone (in your change process) who will tell you what you need to hear, encourage you, support you, and slap you in the back of the head periodically.
7) Create time lines and work ferociously towards them. You need to create and maintain momentum; time lines help.
8) Live with purpose. Get excited about stuff. Get passionate. Get off your ass. If you wanna create amazing, you gotta do amazing. Stop walking around like a lame-ass and wondering why your life is crap.
9) Make some significant decisions today. Now. Even though they may not be easy, convenient, practical, comfortable or popular. Make them because your life needs to change.
10) Many people let their past determine their future when in fact what we've achieved, done or experienced to this point in time has little or nothing to do with what we may do or be in the future.
If the last five weeks, months or years has been an unproductive, unsatisfying, frustrating blur for you — then maybe it's your time.