• Partners will meet at the agreed starting time to renew their commitment to participating in all of the event categories during the decathlon.
• Each will agree to use the Event Categories List and check off completed categories.
• The Event Categories List is not for measuring competition, but to record romantic and intimate behaviors completed for later review and discussion.Participating in Events
• Each partner begins independently to work through his/her list and related activities. It is not necessary to be side-by-side throughout the decathlon.
• Choose an activity in each category that will feel romantic and intimate for your partner, not just for you.
• The events can be structured or not. Take turns, at random, or complete in no particular order. Just be sure to finish everything in time.
• Be careful not to make your chosen events more about money and expense. Spending a lot of money can tend to distort the romantic and intimate experience of the decathlon.Closing Ceremony
• Huddle and cuddle at the agreed conclusion to review all events in your Couples Love Decathlon.
• Share your feelings about this experience and the impact on your relationship.
• Seal the experience with a kiss or whatever special demonstration of your love connection is stirring inside both partners.
When you have finished your first decathlon in romantic and intimate behavior, plan another one. Each couple that completes the Couples Love Decathlon will have a story to tell about their unique experiences. Many of the decathlon events will spill over and can become spontaneous habits in your daily life.
Repeat your Couples Love Decathlon on a regular basis, as often as needed or desired. Share your story, suggestions, and questions with Dr. Coach Love. I'd love to hear from you.