No surprise to see Charlie Musselwhite’s The Well ascend to #1 this week. The first album of new material in four years from the newly inducted Blues Hall of Famer debuted high and has risen each week since. It can rise no more, now atop the Blues Power Rankings as the #1 album at blues radio.
As you can tell, I’m excited about that. I’m also excited the new album from the great Duke Robillard has finally made an appearance on the chart. Blues fans the world over love Duke and he’s been honored with numerous awards but I’m glad to see Passport To The Blues getting some attention from radio because Robillard is still delivering the goods. This has been one of my favorite blues records of the year. The more people hear it, the more I expect it to impact the charts.
Also checking in this week is an historic release from the late Piano Red. The Lost Atlanta Tapes capture what is likely the last recorded performance of the bluesman’s career.
- Charlie Musselwhite – The Well
- John Nemeth - Name The Day!
- Elvin Bishop – Red Dog Speaks
- Arsen Shomakhov – On The Move
- Albert Castiglia – Keepin On
- Robert Cray – Cookin’ In Mobile
- Mitch Kashmar & The Pontiax – 100 Miles To Go
- Janiva Magness – The Devil Is An Angel, Too
- Walter Trout – Common Ground
- Smokin’ Joe Kubek & Bnois King – Have Blues, Will Travel
- Steve Miller Band – Bingo!
- JJ Grey & Mofro – Georgia Warhorse
- Dr. John And The Lower 911 – Tribal
- Jimmie Vaughan – Plays Blues, Ballads & Favorites
- Ron Hacker And The Hacksaws – Burnin’
- Davis Coen – Jukebox Classic
- Dave Specter – Spectified
- The Derek Trucks Band – Roadsongs
- Duke Robillard – Passport To The Blues
- Tim Woods – The Blues Sessions
- Otis Taylor – Clovis People, Vol. 3
- Eric Lindell – Between Motion And Rest
- JW-Jones – Midnight Memphis Sun
- Mississippi Heat – Let’s Live It Up
- Gary U.S. Bonds – Let Them Talk
- Ty Curtis Band – Cross That Line
- Various Artist – This Is The Blues Volume Three
- Cee Cee James – Seriously Raw – Live At Sunbanks
- Alabama Mike – Tailor Made Blues
- Piano Red – The Lost Atlanta Tapes
Powered by Sidelines