To be honest, I haven’t actually seen the movie yet but I do have the CD. My first comment would be that if my wife were to overhear my listen to it, she’d say “It’s better than the crap you usually listen to”, and she’d probably be right. (Either techno/dance or celtic/bagpipe music pretty much).
The CD consists of love and anti-love songs, per the theme of the movie (happy married couple of two contract killers who then have to fight each other because one was contracted to off the other. Moral of the story, before you except your next contract killing job, take a look at a photo first). The songs are all older that most everyone is likely to recognize (who can forget “You’ve Lost that Loving Feeling” of Top Gun fame) and puts them into a one-stop listening collection.
The songs flow together nicely and compliment what it seems they were trying to accomplish. The songs chosen have all had staying power and while you might not here them on the radio anymore, I enoyed them at least.
All in all it’s a nice light CD if you are looking for some good love songs… or for some good anti-love songs. You can use it no matter which side you fall on Valentine’s day.
1. Love Stinks – The J. Geils Band
2. Nothin’ But a Good Time – Poison
3. Tainted Love – Soft Cell
4. Baby, Baby – Alana D
5. Express Yourself (Mocean Worker Remix) – Charles Wright & The Watts 103rd Street Rhythm Band
6. Mondo Bongo – Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros
8. I’ll Melt With You – Nouvelle Vague
9. Nobody Does It Better – 8mm
10. Let’s Never Stop Falling in Love – Pink Martini
11. Assassin’s Tango – John Powell
12. Used to Love Her (But I Had To Kill Her) – Voodoo Glow Skulls
13. You Are My Sunshine – Stine J.
14. You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin’ – Righteous Brothers
15. Making Love Out of Nothing at All – Air Supply
16. You Give Love a Bad Name – Atreyu
17. Love Will Keep Us Together – Captain & Tennille Powered by Sidelines