Are you the Weakest Link, or do you shout out the answers every time you watch Jeopardy? Anyone can guess which shiny briefcase is full of more cash, but if you're a hardcore trivia buff, you need a real challenge. Bring it on, trivia geek, NBC has got the show that is a match for you.
Are you a lover of trivia? Do you have what it takes to take on the mob of 100? Follow the instructions below to find out how.
TO BE CONSIDERED AS A CONTESTANT:
- Make a 5-minute personal videotape of yourself. You may include friends and family but show your life and what makes you a great contestant
- Fill out an application (include a recent photo of each person)
- Send it to the 1 vs 100 contestant department.
1. Making Your Videotape
Making a videotape audition for the program is very easy. Using a video camera, make a five-minute tape that tells a little about yourself and what you would do with $1,000,000. Be creative, show your personality and what makes you unique. Please start with your name and hometown. There is no "right" or "wrong" thing to say on your tape, they just want to get to know you.
Make sure you can be seen and heard clearly.
- Label the tape with your name address and phone number.
- They can only accept VHS or miniDV tapes. Transferring your camcorder tape to VHS can be accomplished easily. Use the red, white, and yellow cables that come with your camera to connect it to your VCR. Push "play" on your camera, and "record" on your VCR. Please run a test and make sure your transfer worked properly.
- Be kind, rewind. Rewinding your tape to the beginning greatly increases NBC's fondness for you.
2. Filling out the Application
Click here to download the application. Adobe Reader is required to view the application. Click here to download a free copy if you do not have it installed. Please take your time and answer the questions honestly. They will only accept completed and signed applications if they are accompanied by your videotape.
Include a recent photo: Please enclose a recent personal photo. Make sure your photo(s) are clearly labeled with your names and phone numbers on the back. It is best, though not mandatory, to send two clear photos of each person – one close up and one full body. If you would like to learn more about the rules of the game, you can download the official rules by clicking here.
3. Sending Your Package
Please label your package and send it to:
1 vs. 100
P.O. Box 1995
Culver City , CA 90232
To review, here is your "To Do" List:
- Make one (1) five minute videotape
- Label the tape with your name, address and phone number
- Complete and sign an applicationI
- Include a few recent photos of you and your supporters.
Please note: Limit one application package per person. Any tape submissions received become the property of NBC Studios, Inc. and will not be returned.