“Due to illness, the part of Denis Leary will be played by… Denis Leary.”
I can’t keep mine secret any longer. Bigwig is in der unholy Betty Ford Clinic, doing time in rehabilitation for thine sinful Blogging Addiction undt wearing pants with fancy zippers instead of buttons. Get well soon, Bigwig, undt when thou art out, be sure to post all about thine recovery on thine blog undt risk eternal Hellfire and damnation as a sinner.
Until then, everybody’s favorite Amish Blogger is here undt he hast der chalk undt slate to lead der congregation through this time of troubles. As the devil says, he’s a deadly handsome man, der lion in the lamb. Der show must go on, undt der wicked Carnival of the Vanities continues into its fifth week. Turnout was good, even if it wasn’t up to Week Four standards, but what do thou expect… we have nein electricity here in Amish Country.
So, with nary an ado, here’s some stuff that thou mayst have missed der first time around. Instead of breaking this up by categories, I’m going to tick people off by posting them in the order they came in undt as well as tacking on a few of mine own comments…
- Bigwig of Silflay Hraka – Saving Salon: Why he isn’t renewing his subscription to Salon, and then he suggests an opportunity for micropayments. Me, I just wait for someone to copy-paste the whole article to me.
- Meryl Yourish – The definitive “chickenhawk” argument: Many examples of why “If you haven’t done it yourself, then don’t demand it of others” is full of crap. Kinda makes the People’s Choice Awards moot, doesn’t it?
- Solonor – A Barrel Full Of Monkeys: All things monkey, including the Top Ten Monkey Movies Of All Time. (What about Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back?)
- He Whose Real Name Must Not Be Said Out Loud of The Noose – North Korea Confesses Additional Misdeeds: Watch out, Scrappleface, because here comes The Noose. I know HWRNMNBSOL personally, and he writes funny stuff. Much funnier than me, I must admit, and it’s killing me with envy and jealousy.
- Michele of A Small Victory – I Got a Woody: Michele take a trip down the IMDB to obliterate woodenheaded Woody Harrelson’s Bombing Campaign of his own.
- Skippy the Bush Kangaroo – How the Democrats Could Win Big This Election And Probably Won’t: Skippy gives a few hints as to who the Democrats could pander to so they could win in 2002. I have a better idea… don’t field candidates for 2002, let the Republicans have 2 years to mess things up their own special greedy way, then win big in 2004 with “I Told You So” campaigns.
- Jim at The Philosoblog – A Quick Gun Ownership Argument: A simple but straightforward postulation on gun ownership and privilege vs. freedom.
- Charles Hill of Dustbury – When No One Wants You: Women can smell desperation like dogs can smell fear.
- Stefan “Shark” Sharansky – Sharansky Peace Prize: Who won, and who should have won for truly creating an opportunity for peace. Did they ever get the name of the Chinese guy who stood in front of the tank column during the Tiennamen Square Massacre? It probably didn’t take long to hose him out of the tank treads, but I figure it’s worth a prize.
- Alex of Heretical Ideas – Oil, Not Just For Cars, You Know: Alex reminds us that we need oil for other things. I had a high school physics teacher who kept saying that “The dumbest thing you could do to oil is burn it.” He drove a gas-guzzler.