"Lost Light" is the latest Harry Bosch novel from Michael Connelly. If you are not familiar with Harry Bosch, he is a former LAPD Homicide detective who resigned at the end of the previous novel, "City of Bones". Bosch is a jazz fan, so to promote Connelly's book tour, they have put together a sampler called "Dark Sacred Night, the music of Harry Bosch".
The sampler includes:
1. "Lullaby" - Frank Morgan, Mood Indigo
2. "Soul Eyes" - John Coltrane, The Gentle Side Of John Coltrane
3. "My Funny Valentine" - Art Pepper and the Hollywood All-Stars, Art Standards
4. "My Foolish Heart" - Bill Evans, Bill Evans Walkman
5. "Mood Indigo" - Frank Morgan, Jazz 'Round Midnight
6. "For All We Know" - Sonny Rollins, Falling In Love With Jazz
7. "Lush Life" - Joe Henderson, The Definitive Joe Henderson
8. "Straight Life" - Art Pepper, Art Pepper Meets The Rhythm Section
9. "Willow Weep For Me" - Clifford Brown, Clifford Brown
10. "What A Wonderful World" - Louis Armstrong, Pure Jazz
Garry Giddens wrote the liner notes for this collection with excerpts from the relevant novels:
"Harry Bosch is too savvy and emotional a jazz lover to favor musicians just because of the lives they've led. Yet he plainly has a soft spot for those who have sparred with demons and stayed the course. Perhaps he simply responds to musical tales in which profound beauty and deep woe are inseparable."