After three years of discussing murder cases on my blog, I have learned a lot about “circumstantial evidence” and how it is given the same probative weight in a trial as “direct evidence.” Circumstantial evidence includes a myriad of interconnecting facts and situations from which inferences or conclusions can be made. In isolation, one link of circumstantial evidence does not make or break a case; but taken in the context of other related events, many coincidences or decisions form a composite chain of evidence.[ADBLOCKHERE]Direct evidence includes eyewitness statements and valid photographs or videos that capture events, as well as taped confessions. Timelines, maps, models, and scientific tests that recreate situations or explain the properties of motion, thermodynamics, fires, and ballistics are often used in trials to demonstrate how an event could or could not have occurred based on inelastic data: time, the laws of physics, mechanical realities, and limitations of the human body.
The Scholars for 9/11 Truth and other scientific organizations have compiled an overwhelming “preponderance of evidence,” including circumstantial and direct, that disputes the official findings of the 9/11 Commission. In his 2004 release The New Pearl Harbor, David Ray Griffin, one of the Scholars for 9/11 Truth, presents a thorough and very readable exposé of government complicity in the events of September 11. Griffin’s shocking and well researched work is recommended reading for anyone who is confused about disparate conspiracy theories or needs a place to begin. Griffin presents a nice summary of the evidence in The New Pearl Harbor that thoughtful readers would agree call for a full investigation.
The number of unlikely coincidences that occurred just prior to and after the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon have already filled pages of books and web sites, but let’s review a few especially interesting ones presented in Griffin’s book:
- Plans to invade Afghanistan and Iraq were already in place before September 2001. The attack on 9/11 provided the pretext for invading Afghanistan (and later Iraq), but the geopolitical motives were primarily based on protecting and accessing vast sources of gas and crude oil. There is a plethora of evidence for this, not least of which is the blatant imperialist agenda of “The Project for the New American Century,” aka PNAC.
- ”War Games” were taking place on the morning of 9/11 that caused confusion with our otherwise vigilant air defense. We can either accept that our sophisticated and well-trained military was sleeping at the wheel, or we can believe it was given commands that deterred the standard operating procedures for intercepting hijacked aircraft.
- That Flight 77, if it really was Flight 77, was permitted to enter air space over Washington, DC without meeting any interference from the most heavily defended buildings on the planet over an hour after the first plane struck New York.
- Pentagon officials, FBI agents, government officials and various celebrities were warned not to fly on commercial airlines that week.
- Two steel skyscrapers collapsed after less than two hours in a smoldering but oxygen-deprived fire in free-fall speed of ten seconds for the first time in history. A third building, WTC7, collapsed at 5:30 that afternoon in under six seconds without the accelerant of spilled jet fuel or having been hit by an aircraft. One section of WTC7 had been designed as a bunker for Mayor Giuliani, with reinforced windows and walls, and a separate air and water supply for emergencies. What are the odds?
- Muhammad Atta, alleged mastermind and pilot of Flight 11 (the plane that hit the North Tower), received $100,000 from the head of the Pakistani ISI just days before 9/11. Why the payoff if he was about to commit suicide? Why would Atta pack luggage with incriminating information and leave it in the airport in Boston? Why would Atta even need luggage? How did Atta’s passport miraculously survive the crash and inferno of the North Tower and float unscathed, later to be found on the street below by the FBI?
- Speaking of luggage, there was no luggage or any evidence of human remains found in the crash of Flight 93 or Flight 77. Debris from Flight 93 that “crashed” in Pennsylvania was found strewn up to eight miles away from the site, and not a single identifiable piece of a Boeing 757 was found in the rubble of the Pentagon. The engines on a 757 are nine feet in diameter and made of steel. Are we supposed to believe that they disintegrated in a fire? Where are the wings? Where is the tail?
- The Patriot Act in all its glory appeared within weeks of 9/11, as if it had been sitting in a Word file just waiting to be dated and distributed.
- Osama bin Laden was recovering from a kidney problem in a US hospital in Dubai the July before the attacks. Did the CIA continue to harbor bin Laden after 9/11? There is evidence to suspect that he and other Afghanistan rebels were escorted out of Afghanistan to Pakistan during the US invasion. Never mind that bin Laden’s family was allowed to fly out of the US to Saudi Arabia while the rest of us were grounded. Links between the Bush and bin Laden families have been documented facts for years.
If there are practical explanations for the questions that have arisen from the official 9/11 Commission report that can be borne out by science, documentation, testimony and common sense, then why aren’t we getting them? Why did the Commission instead omit and distort many facts that pointed to (at the very least) complicity among government officials and massive obfuscation? The New Pearl Harbor asks these and many other disturbing questions.Powered by Sidelines