Mike Litman has written an extraordinary book, Conversations with Millionaires. It’s extraordinary because it is a collection of personal interviews Mike Litman has conducted with nine famous millionaires. In these interviews they all share the best of their knowledge and wisdom, and the practical steps they have taken to become millionaires. The book is packed full of information on how to succeed in life and how to reach financial freedom. And if you are dreaming of starting your own business, I have good advice: READ THIS BOOK! It will definitely make you more motivated, focused and wiser.
Here are the 9 interviews:
1. Jim Rohn is a famous “old-timer” (over 40 years) in the field of coaching people to success. He is one of the mentors that inspired famous people like Anthony Robbins and Mark Viktor Hansen. Jim Rohn has influenced over 4 million people worldwide, and is the author of many books, CDs and DVDs. He coaches people to success, personal growth and to live life to their fullest potential. I loved reading this interview because of Jim Rohn`s authority on the subject. Knowing that he has been a mentor for one of the worlds most famous motivators (Anthony Robbins) gives me a lot of respect for him.
2. Mark Victor Hansen is the co-author of Chicken Soup For The Soul, a famous bestseller with millions of copies sold worldwide. He is also co-author of The One Minute Millionaire and of Cracking the Millionaire Code, two other famous bestsellers. (I have written and posted reviews of both those books here on Blogcritics.) He is an expert in setting and reaching goals using creative visualization.
3. Wally “Famous” Amos started the first specialized chocolate chip cookie company in America. The company was called Famous Amos and was a great success. After that he started Uncle No Name Muffins, which is now called Uncle Wally’s. He is a real entrepreneur, and the interview gives you his “real life” entrepreneur story. The story is full of practical advice on what to do, and what not to do, in business life. This is very inspiring for up-and-coming entrepreneurs.
4. Jack Canfield is the author of Dare To Win and the co-author of Chicken Soup For The Soul. His speciality is helping people build their self-esteem and realize their dreams. He is training people to take action and to trust their ability to succeed.
5. Robert Allen is a famous millionaire mentor and is one of my personal heroes. I have written an extensive review of his work on my website.
6. Sharon Lechter is the co-author of Rich Dad-Poor Dad together with Robert Kiyosaki. They give workshops in practical money handling, and she has a background as an accountant. In this interview she teaches us how money works and what all the different monetary terms mean.
7. Michael Gerber is the author of The E-myth (The Entrepreneurial Myth). In this interview he explains the e-myth and why many small business start-ups fail or never “take off”. If you are thinking of starting your own business, then take a look at this first. Michael Gerber makes you look at what your motivation for starting your own business is. He also makes you look at what your goals are. These are both important points to consider as an entrepreneur. The advice and knowledge Michael Gerber gives in this interview is worth the price of the book many times over; you get the best coaching from a true professional.
8. Jim McCann is the man behind the flower shop empire 1-800 FLOWERs.com. He is one of the first flower shop business franchisers, and his company 1-800 FLOWERS.com sells over $400 million worth of flowers every year. Read the inspiring story of how he went from being a social worker to being an entrepreneur running a multi-million dollar business.
9. Jay Conrad Levinson teaches you the fundamentals of guerrilla marketing, which teaches you to reach the largest number of people for the lowest amount of money possible. Reading this interview gave me a lot of “aha” and “WOW” experiences. Learning the secrets of guerrilla marketing is the most rewarding thing you can do if you want to start your own business.
The book is a very easy read and the chapters are short and to the point. I recommend this book to anyone who wants to achieve financial freedom.
I have more detailed information and reviews of Mike Litman’s material on my website, so if you do not want to spend money on the book straight away, take a look at what is available there for free.
Oyvind Hennum runs the web site Financial Freedom Made Simple. The site contains book reviews, articles, biographies, motivational quotes, affirmations, success tests, budgeting advice and other practical tips.
Ed/Pub:LMPowered by Sidelines