It's the first week of March but these results chronicle the final week of February at the iTunes Music Store.
I've been happy for Sade's successful return to the pop charts. Ten years is a long time to be gone. It's not often an artist can take a decade off and still score a #1 album and that's great but Johnny Cash is gone forever! We couldn't get him a #1 debut with American VI? Let's see if we can't rectify that. You only get one shot at a debut but we can still put him in the #1 slot. Check out this review and ask yourself why you haven't bought the album yet.
I heard the title track from Lady Antebellum's CD. No one is more surprised than I am that I didn't hate it. I didn't quite like it but I didn't hate it. VH-1 plays it during the two hours they play videos each week and both the single and album are making their presence felt on the chart. It's a big week for them. It was also announced they were nominated for 7 Academy of Country Music Awards, leading all nominees.
I remember this time last year people were wondering if Rihanna's career would suffer because her then-boyfriend Chris Brown beat her. I was insulted by the insinuation. Why in the world would that stop someone from buying one of her records? Him I could understand. Her? Preposterous. I wish her records didn't sell because I don't like them, but they did sell and they continue to sell because I'm in the minority. Her "Rude Boy" single is knocking around the singles chart which is once again topped by the unstoppable sinister force that is the Black Eyed Peas.
Top 10 selling singles of the week ending March 1, 2010:
- "Imma Be" – Black Eyed Peas
- "Hey, Soul Sister" – Train
- "Need You Now" – Lady Antebellum
- "BedRock" – Young Money, Lloyd
- "Rude Boy" – Rihanna
- "Tik Tok" – Ke$ha
- "Blah Blah Blah (feat. 3OH!3)" – Ke$ha
- "In My Head" – Jason Derulo
- "Baby (feat. Ludacris)" – Justin Bieber
- "How Low" – Ludacris
Top 10 selling albums of the week ending March 1, 2010:
- Soldier of Love – Sade
- Need You Now – Lady Antebellum
- The E.N.D. (The Energy Never Dies) – Black Eyed Peas
- The Fame Monster – Lady GaGa
- Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix – Phoenix
- American VI: Ain't No Grave – Johnny Cash
- Of Men and Angels – The Rocket Summer
- Animal – Ke$ha
- This Addiction – Alkaline Trio
- Rebirth – Lil Wayne