When it comes to attracting potential customers and gaining valuable online exposure, nothing beats videos. However, speaking in front of a camera requires a certain level of self-assurance that can be challenging for some people.
One possible way around this problem is to create podcasts. Whether you want to showcase an interview, show off your music, report news, or share educational content and tips, Audioboo is the tool that you need.
What is Audioboo?
Audioboo was launched in March 2009 with a specific focus on the iPhone. Designed to work alongside Twitter and iTunes, this free mobile and web platform works like a digital dictaphone.
Audioboo lets you record an unlimited number of five-minute audio clips and/or upload pre-recorded messages. Within seconds, these recordings — also called ‘boos’ — are turned into podcasts that you can then easily share with friends, family or the rest of the world.
Audioboo boasts an impressive array of features:
- The platform is very basic and hence very fun and easy to use.
- The free iPhone and Android app allows you to record your five-minute podcasts directly from your mobile device.
- You can also use the Audioboo website to record your audio clips.
- If you prefer editing your recordings before making them available online, Audioboo lets you upload an unlimited number of files.
- Share your ‘boos’ automatically on major microblogging and social networking sites (Twitter, Facebook, Posterous, and Tumblr).
- Every ‘boo’ comes with a code that you can embed on your blog and/or website. Otherwise, you can choose to make all your podcasts available on your page with the Playlist Player.
- Peruse the directory to find and subscribe to podcasts in your niche.
- Allow others to easily access your audio work thanks to the RSS feed and the automatic iTunes-compatible RSS feed.
- Submit your podcasts to the iTunes Store in minutes (see below for more information).
How does Audioboo work?
1) Visit http://audioboo.fm/ and sign up for a free account.
2) Fill out your profile with the following: your name, a short bio and a website URL. Also, do not forget to upload a photo or use Gravatar.
3) Link your account to Twitter, Facebook, Posterous and Tumblr to enableautomatic sharing every time a new recording is available on your profile.
5) Record your message (five-minute limit). Add a title, tags and a photo, and pick a location.
6) You are now officially ready to share your boo with the world!
How to submit your recordings to the iTunes Store
Submitting your podcasts to the iTunes Music Store is a great way to reach more people and potentially increase your commercial success. It is also a very simple procedure.
1) Visit the following link: https://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/publishPodcast.
2) Add the RSS feed link found in your Audioboo profile (see the picture below) and click submit. You will then be asked to log into your iTunes account.
3) Once logged in, the submission form will fill in automatically.
Audioboo is the perfect tool for those interested in harnessing the power of podcasting without having to worry about technicalities.
To start using Audioboo, visit http://audioboo.fm/.Powered by Sidelines