July 16, 2013, Beijing:
Apple Inc have decided to investigate the case of Chinese woman who was electrocuted when she tried to answer a call on her iPhone 5 while it was recharging.
In a statement Apple said, “We are deeply saddened to learn about this tragic incident and offer our condolences to the Ma family.”
Further they added, “We will fully investigate and co-operate with authorities in this matter.”
The incident happened last Thursday when the 23-year-old Ma Ailun lost her life after being electrocuted. The victim resided in the Xinjiang province in northwest China and worked as a flight attendant with China Southern Airlines.
Earlier on Saturday the victim’s sister asked for an explanation from Apple and advised other users not to use the device while it is charging. She expressed her views via Chinese micro-blogging site Sina Weibo.
The local investigating authorities have confirmed that the victim died of electrocution, but haven’t officially confirmed whether the iPhone 5 was responsible.
The Ma Ailun family is deeply saddened by the incident and is demanding justice. They have handed the iPhone and other accessories to the local police.
The victim was due to to married next month.Powered by Sidelines