Now for the Wednesday Derby update:
• Nobiz Like Shobiz, after his early workout at Belmont, is flying in to Louisville this afternoon. According to sources, he is leaving at 1:30. Cornelio Velasquez will ride him this Saturday at in the Derby
• Todd Pletcher, running his operations out of Barn 34, sent four of his five colts out at 6am. Any Given Saturday, Circular Quay, Cowtown Cat and Sam P all worked out early with Scat Daddy coming out at 6:30.
• Bwana Bull returned to Churchill downs on Wednesday to jog a mile and a half.
• Curlin and Zanjero took some easy jogs as it was the first day back to the track after a couple of days off from their final major workout prior to the Derby.
• With Cobalt Blue and Xchanger, both who were on the bubble, excusing themselves from the race, Teuflesburg and Imawildandcrazyguy will be entered in this weekend's Kentucky Derby.
• Two days after his head-turning run, Hard Spun continued to look great. "He was well behaved in the paddock," said trainer Larry Jones, "then we went out on the track, and he took me a little by surprise. I forgot how well he gets over the dirt track. He wasn't out of control in the gallop, and he sat on the bit for me, but when I went to pull him up, I had to convince him to slow down."
• Street Sense, James Tafel's champion, who went 1:01 in five furlongs yesterday, came out today to jog a mile and looked good.
• According to the weather handicappers, there is a 60 percent chance of rain Wednesday through Friday and 30 percent on Saturday.
I will have another update tomorrow as the pick for post position will occur later today.Powered by Sidelines